Tell the Bees

Hi crafters!

My blog post today is about the gorgeous new Tell the Bees collection from Craft Consortium. The papers are designed by Katy Hackney (who also designed the English Garden paper pad – another one of my favourites) and they are absolutely beautiful. Bees are really on trend at the moment and so this paper pad is one of my new favourite things!


Also featured in the range are matching stamps, ribbons and sequins and coordinating decoupage papers. I have made a few cards with the range so far and I'm super keen to make more (including a shaker card with the sequins) – just need to try and find some free time for crafting! Hopefully with all the bank holidays coming up I will have a chance to sit in my craftroom and craft (instead of doing admin!)


For my first card I started with a background layer of bee patterned paper and added a die cut circle of daisy paper on top, attached with foam squares. I cut a banner out of honeycomb patterned paper and glued it over the circle with three pearl hearts on top. I stamped a honeycomb pattern, sentiment and bee in different colour inks and layered them on to the card too.

I began with the daisy patterned paper for this card, cutting a large background square with my Lawn Fawn stitched square die. I then added a panel of bee paper on top with inked edges. For a rustic feel, I tore an uneven strip of flower patterned paper and added it across the bottom, then I added a tag cut out from the toppers in the front of the paper pack. Next I added a strip of gorgeous linen ribbon with triangles snipped out the end to make a pennant shape, and added a stamped sentiment and stamped bees on top, attached with foam squares.

I added a few little sequins for a bit of extra detail.

I decided on an A6 card blank for my third card, and began by covering it with a sheet of floral patterned paper. I used my craft knife to distress the edges. Next I added a strip of 'honey splat' paper (as I shall call it) across the centre with some linen ribbon on top. I stamped a a honeycomb pattern bottom right and on a separate piece of card which I cut out. I tucked the honeycomb piece behind the centre strip with a stamped sentiment behind it, and added a die cut circle and stamped bee on top with a sprinkling of sequins again.

You can see all the pretty products over at Craft Consortium's site. They are absolutely beautiful products and I love crafting with them! Lovely quality and gorgeous illustrations ^_^ Happy crafting! Sarah x

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter crafts - decoupage eggs

Kori Kumi Mother's Day Card