Kori Kumi Mother's Day Card

Hi there crafters! Recently I have been lucky enough to play with the brand new Kori Kumi collection from Craft Consortium before it's out in the shops. This new Kori Kumi range is designed to coordinate with the previous collection, but it has new colours and different images and embellishments. One of my favourite designs is 'Dreamboat' as she looks so peaceful drifting along in her paper boat!


As it's Mother's Day on Sunday I decided the image would lend itself well to card all about relaxation, which mums deserve on Mother's Day! I used a 6x6" kraft card blank and covered it with a panel of blue fishes paper. Next I added a strip of kraft card across the centre with two lines of washi tape from the collection, and popped the girl in the boat on top. I think this image was one I cut from the paper pack packaging, but there is a similar lovely boat one in the decoupage pack you could use. I got my husband James to do the calligraphy sentiment (I'm too impatient to get to grips with calligraphy – I tried once and it came out a mess so I pretty much gave up immediately!) and then I added three blue pearlised gems that come in a pack of all lovely different colours as part of the new range.


For this card I've used elements of the original Kori Kumi range. I started with a 7x7" scalloped edge card blank and covered it with a sheet of yellow flower patterned paper. I rounded the edges of it with my Xcut corner punch. I added a strip of dandelion paper on the left and then built up the decoupage of the girl on her bike to place in the centre. I die cut a sunshine from my Lawn Fawn weather die set and added it top left. Finally I wrapped some yellow Kori Kumi raffia round the card, with a green raffia bow on top and attached the sentiment and some white resin flowers. I love the flowers – they are one of my favourite embellishment items in the range!


Again James is responsible for the lovely calligraphy here. The stitched effect was created with a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell the Bees

Easter crafts - decoupage eggs